Please Like our Facebook feed to learn about our frequent sales, specials, estate sales, and auctions.
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Brandon wanted everyone to know the facts about childhood cancer. Here are a few great reasons to keep contributing to Finding Treasures and the Brandon's Goal Foundation:
- More children die from cancer than from any other disease. (1)
- The incidence of invasive childhood cancers has increased by 29% over the past 20 years.
- 38 kids are diagnosed with cancer every single day of the year; 14,119 per year. (2)
- 6 of those diagnosed-kids-a-day will die from it - that's over 2000 kids a year. (2,3)
- Childhood cancer research is mostly funded through private funds. The National Cancer Institute spends less than 4% of its budget on research for childhood cancers. That is why it is so critical for childhood cancer foundations to raise funds.
Every dollar you spend or item you donate to Finding Treasures helps us fight this devastating disease and support families in need. Please help us by shopping with us, or donate online. Thank you.
1) Causes of death in children: NIH/Medline
2) Cancer Incidence Count & Death Count in children, 2007: Center for Disease Control (CDC) United States Cancer Statistics Incidence Count Death Count
3) Cancer incidence in children from 1975 - 2008: SEER Data